General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

help st fault codes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
cosy boy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help st fault codes!!!

hi guys got a 06 focus st2 done 30k alternator went 8 months ago had it reconned all ok then added airtec ic k+n panel filter and straight de cat dream science race plus then changed too dsci now mod c! in decemeber had warnings on lcd display {acceleration reduced esp fault}occasionally engine systems fault ,power steering fault ,brake light fault once ,bonnet open when closed!did this only once!and alarm beeping on its own, my dream science unit has a diagnostic reader and shown dtc codes uooo2highspeed can communcation bus performance and speed sensor A,but only picks these codes up when it feels like it some tmes wont read them at all!!when all these lights are on car sometimes starts but wont REV AT ALL!!done a cluster check on trip button these are dtc codes i got d900,e200,e510?this chap came around and with an expensive machine to read dtc codes and said i have 2 can bus faults!and suspects faulty intsrument panel ?and its playing games with ecu,abs etc!temp gauge drops battery light and oil light come on when car is idling rev conter drops too,petrol needle stays same so that is why he suspects faulty instrument,he took clocks out played with cluster still no difference!Any one had same problem any troble shooting tips thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like possibly a dodgy earth near the battery, or GEM module issue.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 AM
cosy boy
Virgin

cheers ian thanks for speedy reply ,forgot to mention seat belt warning stopped working 6 months ago the GEM runs that maybe it is GEM does any one know how much cost is invovled!!or any other ideas started playing up this morning rev counter dropped put car in neutral put her in 2nd gear as if to bump start warnings cleared car drove 15 mins fine dtcs warning came back !!!help
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM
B19 JUB
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

clusters and gem/bcmi units are a fair chunk of money to guess at.sounds like cluster to me as earlier st's did have cluster issues.id also unplug the gem module with battery off and give it a little shake to see if any water comes out.

oh and those dtcs which came up with the cluster test are engineering test codes and youll prob find it very hard to find what they mean
normally fault codes start with b/p/c and u codes

Last edited by B19 JUB; 02-02-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
cosy boy
Virgin

cheers for reply JUB do you think i should just bite the bullet and go to main dealer the car has a de cat pipe on it and is mapped would there be any issues and if dredded GEM MODULE is gone would it have to be programmed by ford!as i said seatbelt warning noise suddenly stopped months ago ive read GEM controls seatbelt perhaps its that some one recommended cluster or instrument faulty any one got any input its one of those if you dont nail it cost will be through the roof!!!!please knowledge required.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
B19 JUB

well if its got a network issue the best thing would be someone who knows what they are talking about.maybe a dealer is the best option unless u can find an auto electrician who is good with networks
Old 03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
DJMST
SHELL GARAGE VIP

If your going to a dealer,just change your map back to stock
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM
B19 JUB

Originally Posted by DJMST
If your going to a dealer,just change your map back to stock
or just let them know its been remapped as the pcm wont be looked at if its poss a gem/ic problem
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

Got your PM, I don't actually know these cars in depth, just know about them and there common problems, the alternator for example is a common problem so would explain that.

Did the problems only start after the remap and modifications?

If your car is out of warrenty then I would not worry about letting them know about the remap, the last thing you want is for them to overwrite it, tbh as said it is best to take it to someone who knows, with a error code unless you can narrow it down to a specific component then you will just waste time and money, replacing things etc and chasing your tail trying to suss the problem yourself. It sounds as if you may have multiple problems by the /starting/revving problem as well!

Is the battery in good condition and associated connections as said as this can play havok and cause similar problems with modern cars.

The GEM module would explain it, as the name suggests (Generic Electronics Module) this manages the electronics so would explain why you have various faults but you need to be sure it's this before contemplating replacement as if it's not you will be going to a lot of unneeded expense!

Martin
Old 27-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Joshua Charlie Moore
Virgin

Originally Posted by martysmartie
Got your PM, I don't actually know these cars in depth, just know about them and there common problems, the alternator for example is a common problem so would explain that.

Did the problems only start after the remap and modifications?

If your car is out of warrenty then I would not worry about letting them know about the remap, the last thing you want is for them to overwrite it, tbh as said it is best to take it to someone who knows, with a error code unless you can narrow it down to a specific component then you will just waste time and money, replacing things etc and chasing your tail trying to suss the problem yourself. It sounds as if you may have multiple problems by the /starting/revving problem as well!

Is the battery in good condition and associated connections as said as this can play havok and cause similar problems with modern cars.

The GEM module would explain it, as the name suggests (Generic Electronics Module) this manages the electronics so would explain why you have various faults but you need to be sure it's this before contemplating replacement as if it's not you will be going to a lot of unneeded expense!

Martin
hi did you ever find the fix to this ? I have the same issue and it’s driving me mad I am a mechanic myself for a ford garage but struggling to find the time to look deep into it, I’ve done the basic checks but I keep getting mil light and esp light, car doesn’t drive any different but if I clear the codes which are for the Maf sensor the vehicle will start but stall immediately but after 10 mins of holding the accelerator it will sort itself out and go back to normal but just keep mil and traction light on, I also have no radio lights